Support My Mission Here!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

New Castle.

Hello from England!

      Just kidding I am already back home in Lithuania ha, but it was an amazing trip! This past week was Fall Break here at LCC International University so I planned a trip to visit my dear friend Emi at her Med School in New Castle, England. My time there was a mix of touring, walking around the city, taking trains, planes, and automobiles, and reading in a different coffee shop everyday. Perfection.

I have been reading through, "An Alter in the World" by Barbara Brown and it has challenged me to embrace many new spiritual disciplines. I can't get enough of this book really. It is one of those that needs to be meditated on. In a perfect world I would read a chapter, and then try to live by that discipline for a week or so, but I just love everything this author has to say so I keep on reading! One chapter that has really captured my attention is entitled, The Practice of Paying Attention. This is where I learned about discovering Reverence. I read this chapter right in time for my vacation days. I am actively working on being less of a worrier, and enjoying the journey of life, instead of waiting for the outcome. This lesson helped me realize that not every walk needs to have a destination. I have learned to make time to enjoy life, experience awe, and listen to God. During my time in England, I took many walks, got lost on purpose, met kind strangers, spent time in quiet churches, and sat in awe of nature.

It was such an incredible gift to be able to reconnect with such a good friend in Europe. I also got to stay and celebrate Halloween with her and her sweet roommates. We were each a different Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream flavor! People in New Castle really get into Halloween, I have never seen such elaborate costumes.

Now that I am home I am resting, and feeling deep gratitude for the opportunity to travel, but also the wonderful feeling of returning back home. I am preparing for the next few weeks of school and so excited to welcome back all of my students from their breaks. I am sure that this week will be full of reunions and storytelling.


Halloween Ben and Jerry's consumes with Emi and her roommates :)






Emi took this right as I got off the plane

 We stayed our first night in Birmingham with some of Emi's family friends.


Our friends from San Diego, Andrew and Claire met up with us this week!













 It was a big deal for me to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

 Earl Grey Monument







 We found a Krispy Kreme Store in Durham!!!






More from Halloween


No comments:

Post a Comment