Support My Mission Here!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here.

      This was a wonderful week! I could feel the Holy Spirit walking with me though this week so tangibly. Every interaction, conversation, or task I encountered filled me with joy. These times are so special to me, it is not every day that I feel this connected to the spirit.

A few days ago I was chatting with my good friend Juliet from back home, telling her about my week. I told her how I had some of the best, most life-giving conversations this week about the Lord. I shared with her how awesome it was to get to share my faith, my purpose here at LCC, and the love I have for my role as an RD, with members of my new community here in Lithuania. I have come to love this place and the people in it. When I walk around campus I can feel the fellowship, and community that is fostered here, and I KNOW that the Spirit is at work in this place. I have this amazing feeling that beautiful things are on the horizon for LCC and its students.

Juliet responded by saying that she values, and misses that feeling. The feeling of sharing faith with people who don't believe, or who want to believe, but need someone to invest in them. Jules and I went to the same college, and she still lives in San Diego. When I was in college, I knew that I was surrounded by a strong Christian community. Talking about faith wasn't hard, it was second nature. One of my fears about leaving Point Loma was that I would have forgotten how to talk about my faith to non-believers, skeptics, or people who asked me to defend my faith. Juliet reminded me that spreading the gospel is a gift, as well as our duty. It brings us so much joy and life because it is what we are MADE to do! Because she still lives in such a strong Christian community she has to seek out those who need to hear God's promises, and she is doing a great job at it.








It was such a great reminder to realize that although I had feared living in a secular world (As opposed to my small Christian environment that raised me so well) this life is really the one I was made to live! I would never trade my time and experience at PLNU, it allowed me to own my faith, and then strengthen it in such a safe, and loving place. I am in love with God's plan for me, He refines me until I am ready for my next step in His Kingdom work, and not a minute sooner. 
Without my college years I would not have the faith/trust to move to a new country to do His work, or the confidence to talk to others about this mission He has me on.

We are all humans, we all share in life's struggles, and it is my job as a daughter of Christ to relate to all people, and tell them about the Father they have who LOVES them unconditionally. There is a spot in our lives and our hearts that will never be content with the worlds offerings. This spot can only be filled with Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides.

One of my favorite songs to meditate on...
Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment