Support My Mission Here!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

BIG NEWS.


     Since coming to LCC so much change has occurred in my life. I arrived here on August 1st 2014 and I am now approaching my six month mark. God can do amazing work in a minute, in a year, and in a lifetime. I can confidently say that I have seen the movements of the Holy Spirit in these past months at LCC and I am so honored to be apart of it.

So telling by the title of this post, you must be expecting some big news. I have been praying about this one for a long time, almost since I got here, and the answer didn't come right away, but now that it has I am completely solid in this decision. My year at LCC is not over, far from it, but these next few months will come quickly, and I have been thinking and preparing for the future. Just a few weeks into my role as Resident Director here I knew that I had found my career, my calling, the work that gave me purpose, and I discovered I had a talent for it. I shared this exciting discovery with my two superiors and they offered me some advice/options for my future in Student Development. I took this sound advice and that is my big announcement....

I will be staying for two more years here at LCC, AND will start my Graduate Degree in Higher Education this Fall 2015!

I am so excited to share this good news with you all! I can clearly feel the Lord's call to be here, stay here, and grow here. Starting my masters degree is such an exciting new challenge for me. I have discovered my love of Student Development in Higher Education and hope to keep growing in this field.

So with that said I will be coming home for a VISIT this JULY! I arrive on July 1st and return to Lithuania on August 1st. This was an unforeseen expense when I moved here, since I didn't know I would be coming back so I have been in prayer for support to cover this expense. If you feel led to give to help me get home please click here and use my PayPal account to do so.    (Kelseybergstrom524@pointloma.edu) username

I am focusing on the trust that I will need to practice in these coming months. This decision comes with a lot of responsibility. I will need to re-fundraise this semester and summer. I will use most of my time in the States this summer to meet with people and tell them about the work I am doing here.

Overall I am so excited that God is calling me back to LCC and I know that He will always provide for those who do His work. Thank you to all who read this blog, who keep in contact with me, and who offer up prayers, and encouragements. Community is a beautiful thing.



Some on my favorite moments from this past semester...





















No comments:

Post a Comment