Support My Mission Here!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Six Months of Learning.

     I have lived in this new place for over 6 months now, I have learned an incredible amount and wanted to share the good, and the hard, the silly, and the deep moments with you all. Reflection is a beautiful thing that we don't always take the time for. I am grateful for everything on this list, I have grown from each new experience. Let's take more time to be grateful.

I hang dry all my clothes.
I live in a country and don’t speak their language (well).
I started learning a new language this year.
I live on 1/5th of my last jobs monthly income…and life is better, I am happier.
I’ve learned how to cook…for others and myself.
I have made new friends.
I have been to 6 new countries in 6 months.
I have learned to defend my faith and teach others gently.
I have learned to show Christ’s love through actions and not words.
I have discovered my love for the forest, and bike riding.
I am healthier.
I spend more time on Skype than I thought I ever would.
I have missed two, soon to be three weddings of my closest friends.
I will miss my sister’s college graduation.
I lead a women’s bible study weekly and just started a house church with the same women.
I have discovered my love of hosting people and making them feel at home.
I have discovered how to make myself feel at home no matter how far from "home" I really am.
I have figured out how to use TWO new currencies (Litas, Euros).
I haven’t driven a car in six months… don’t miss it.
I have learned how to take the bus (and have only gotten lost twice).
I have learned to say, “As nekalbu Lietuviskai” or I don’t speak Lithuanian.
I have found a new mentor.
I have applied for grad school.
I have been happy, sad, proud, lonely, excited, confused, etc.
I swam in the Baltic sea.
I am living closer to war and pain than ever before.
I have seen the pain in peoples past and present.
I have had beautiful conversations about Heaven, and hard conversations about hell.
I have learned so much about the recently tragic history of Eastern Europe, that was only ever a story in my history textbooks until now.
I have seen poverty and wealth in the same residence hall.
I have fed the hungry.
I have been exposed to so many new languages.
I have eaten protein bars with blood in them for iron.
I have been encouraged, and affirmed in my job.
I have been financially supported by other missionaries I have met here…mind blown.
I have done a fair share of babysitting.
I have spoken on Sabbath at a Spiritual Life retreat.
I have planned and lead an on campus women’s event.
I have done a lot of baking.
I have battled my own demons.
I have cried over Facetime with friends and family.
I am always discovering God’s purpose for me here at LCC.
I have learned how to convert Farenheit to Celius.
I have learned how to read a 24 hour clock without hesitating.
I have learned more about gardening, and ate things I have grown.
I have survived living in a snowy climate.
I bought my first winter coat.
I live a wonderfully slower pace of life.


 


1 comment:

  1. love it! the range, depth, and just all of it;) LCC is blessed to have you here! And I love that I know what book is in your picture;)

    ReplyDelete