Support My Mission Here!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Love Jesus Deeply.


     This Christmas season I couldn't shower everyone with gifts the way I would have liked to. This was a year of less, something that I hope I will continually get better at in 2015. Simplicity. Enough. This year my gifts came handmade, in the form of service, and even just some quality time. Looking back it wasn't worse than a usual Christmas, it wasn't bad at all. It was intentional. This Christmas wasn't about how much I spent on each person but how present I could be with them, whether that be in person or on FaceTime. I would be SO interested to see how many hours I have logged on FaceTime in the last 6 months! 

Most people who follow this blog have given to my time here in Lithuania. You have supported me financially, spiritually, and emotionally. I have leaned heavily on many friends, and family members since moving to Lithuania, and I am so grateful for the support I have received. 

The Student Life team here at LCC read through Henri Nouwen's "In the Name of Jesus" together this past semester, and the last section really struck me. I even made a note to include this quote in my blog, so that says something. 

"It is a true spiritual leadership. Powerlessness and humility in the spiritual life do not refer to people who have no spine and who let everyone else make decisions for them. They refer to people who are so deeply in love with Jesus that they are ready to follow him wherever he guides them, always trusting that, with him, they will find love and find it abundantly."

I strive to be the Christian leader who exemplifies this passage. Being a leader is not about power but about humility. Here at LCC I have the opportunity to practice this discipline daily. I want that deep love for Jesus, I want the love I already have for him to grow, and expand. I want to believe and know that he will provide for me before he even does, not only after I've seen his faithfulness. 

These are the people that made this year at LCC possible. These are some of my faithful supporters showing off their Lithuanian crosses that I sent them for Christmas this year. This is the biggest token I was able to give this season, and these people deserve it! I am immensely grateful for their generosity and love. Here's to you.



Wyatt and Kristi Ehrlich                 Bob and JoAnne Bonkowski

  Robert Hetzel                                    Earl and Caroline Trinidad            

 The Wilkinson Family (Kim, Jim, and Krysti & Kevin)

No comments:

Post a Comment