Support My Mission Here!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Answered Prayers


     I shared this story with a few people today and I thought it could encourage all of you as well. In a moment of vulnerability I would confess that I am a worrier. It it something that I have been working on correcting this year. When things get overwhelming I snap into worry mode much quicker than I run into prayer posture. God always provides, so why do I worry? I am sure HE is asking the same question of me. I have prayed for help in this area of my life. I often ask God to help me practice my faith, and trust in Him in all things. 
  
    Since I have gotten back from the states I have had a large sum of credit card debt from the doctors appointments I needed while at home. Going to the doctors was the right thing, I discovered what has been going on with my health for a long time and I am so grateful for answers. The hard part is being left with medical bills, and having a hard time seeing when they will finally get paid off. Having debt is something that really bothers me, and causes me to worry. In my daily work there is no option to work harder, or pick up and extra shift for more income, I simply have to wait on the Lord. This is one of the blessings/curses of living on financial support. God has me in the perfect place to grow my trust in Him because EVERY aspect of my life depends on Him right now, and I know that I couldn't say that honestly if I were living in California in my comfort zone. I am grateful for my circumstances, even in hard times. I was praying about these bills last night after trying to deal with my online banking customer service, and asked a few friends to pray before I went to bed. 

In the morning I woke up to a text from my friend and monthly supporter Andrew asking me if I was in need of more funds this month. He had some extra funds become available and he said he felt that he should ask me if I was in need. 

I literally woke up to an answered prayer and the first words out of my mouth today were, "No way!"

    I told Andrew my situation, and this amazingly timed miracle and he graciously said he would be happy to help me out in my need! I shared this story with my family, and my bible study today because everyone needs to be reminded of God's faithfulness. If you have been praying for something in particular keep at it, don't loose hope because God will always take care of those who love Him, and do His will. 

    Another friend texted me today with a praise report for an answered prayer about Med School. God is at work, He is moving, and He is hearing us. In a world that offers so much pain and crisis, lets share these testimonies of God's faithfulness with one another and encourage each other to keep trusting, keep believing, and keep fighting for good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment