Support My Mission Here!

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Thirst for More.



    I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Tonight was the first time I had the opportunity to show a Saddleback sermon to a group of my students. I have had many of you praying for this, and the day has finally come! We reserved a classroom that could seat more people that my apartment, and had about 10 people come to learn from Rick Warren on "The 7 Greatest Words of Love." 

   
     Last year I watched these sermons on my laptop with my Women's bible study group at my house. We enjoyed the content, but I always longed to involved more people, and more space. We were looking for some expansion and tonight we got it! My heart was so moved when we all stood up together to worship and got lost in the beauty of the lyrics. Singing worship out loud is something that I have so missed for the last year, and now I don't think I'll have to miss it anymore. 

     The sermon tonight taught us about how Jesus was thirsty on the cross, and how was are made to be people who are THIRSTY for God. He is the only thing, the only one, that can quench our inherent thirst. If we run to Jesus for all of our needs He will put a river in us, so that we never have to be thirsty again! This is the Good News and I pray that the students who came tonight were inspired to share this truth with their friends, and invite them to watch another sermon next week. 

     I have opened the small group I lead to the students who attended tonight so please keep this in your prayers as well. I pray that our small group can become a trusted community, and place for spiritual and emotional growth. I pray that God will bring the those who seek community, and love into this group. 

Thank you for you support and love as always, 

Kelsey

     

No comments:

Post a Comment