Support My Mission Here!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Jehovah-Jireh.

       With only 22 days left in this country I am in a time of preparation and prayer for this next year as a missionary representing God's love to the people of Lithuania. I was writing some thank you cards the other day to my supporters and I wrote, " I think Jesus is trying to show me that He will ALWAYS provide for the calls He places on my life, and I can see that He is using you (the supporter) to help teach me that lesson through your beautiful gift of financial support for my next year of life."

This sentence and realization was shocking in a lovely way. I have been anxious about this period of fundraising and have needed the encouragement that people are giving me. I have been praying to see the Lord's work, as well as praying for increased trust and faith that everything will work out. I have adored the phrase Jehovah-Jireh for a long time now, this is a name for God meaning the "Lord who Provides". Jesus is showing me in this time that it is in His very nature to provide for us like a good parent should. He wants to take care of us and He can give us so much if we only allow Him to.

If you are facing any obstacles in life right now that you aren't sure how to navigate, start talking to Him, He will open your eyes like you wouldn't believe.


1 comment: