Support My Mission Here!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Confirming Kindness.

    Today I am trying to tie up all of my loose ends before I leave for Lithuania. I have been on the phone all day with different banks and my cell phone provider. These phone calls usually aren't too fun and include a lot of waiting time and listening to recorded voices, but today I experienced something different and unexpected.

I have been making these calls for the past month trying to figure out what I should do about canceling my phone, and alerting banks of my international travel. I wasn't always greeted with a warm voice. Today I made my final calls to really confirm that it is time to leave and the three different people I spoke to inquired why in the world I was headed to Lithuania for a year. When I told them that I was going to be a missionary to college students they thanked me. All three took the time to tell me that they really appreciate the work that I am doing, they also told me about their friends that are currently taking part in missions work, and one women even told me she has always wanted to go on a missions trip and is finally going to look into it now!!!

I was amazed at God's plan for me today. My heart was filled with the love and kindness of complete strangers, He always knows how to encourage us at just the right time! The words that these telephone operators spoke to me meant so much and I hope I never forget the kindness they showed me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment