Support My Mission Here!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Harry Potter and Deviled Eggs.

Touch down! I arrived in Klaipeda, Lithuania yesterday and am already feeling at home. I spent the day unpacking my apartment and settling in and today I ventured out into the city with some friends to a farmers market, grocery store, and thrift store. I have already picked up a few necessary Lithuanian words and hope to learn more very soon. The weather is very hot which I hear is unusual but my apartment is full of big windows that supply me a breeze and beautiful views.

Thank you to all who sent me encouragements and prayers during my travels. I felt so loved and cared for. I have already met a few LCC students and have been amazed at our conversations and how much these student love Jesus. I definitely feel like I am in the right place :) Tomorrow we will check out the beach which is just a quick walk away from campus.

Everything is so beautiful and green. The city center is full of interesting shops and people and the old town section has cobblestone roads and a river that runs through. Since I have been here I have been craving some Harry Potter which I have watched during my jet lag hours and deviled eggs which I am in the process of making right now! These small comfort items make the large adjustment of moving to another country a little bit easier. Here are some of the pictures I have so far.









The pond outside my apartment window

My Lithuanian cheat sheet


Farmers market fresh honey!



The swans and ducks at the pond

No comments:

Post a Comment