Support My Mission Here!

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Cathartic Writing.

 This past week was a test. A test of strength, and endurance. Shortly after the RA's arrived we jumped right into training. I think the RA's and I can agree that we are TIRED. This week was so full of fun, mixed in with training, and activities. Every night I collapsed into bed still thinking of what I had left to do.

I often find that when life gets stressful other hard things start to show up as well. I don't know if its just bad timing, or emotions due to lack of sleep, but when it rains it pours, and this just happened to be one of those weeks. Checking in new students is always an exciting but stressful time. Conflicts are always bound to arise, There were many times last year as an RD at Point Loma where I felt the way I am feeling now, I think it is just amplified since I am in an unfamiliar place, with all new people. Any good change comes with some growing pains.

When preparing to come to Lithuania I just kept focusing on the good things, the enjoyment I would find in my job as an RD, the people I would meet, and the new places I would see. I am now realizing that I never took a moment to realize the trials that would take place in everyday life. These things can't really be avoided so why worry about them in advance right? Anyway...please say a prayer for me that I will be able to handle all obstacles that have been, and will be thrown at me, with grace.

The RA's have digested so much information this week and I am confident that they are completely ready for this school year to kick off! On Monday after classes all of LCC and Klaipeda University which is down the street, will dress in national costume, carry flags of
different lands, and march as a whole into the city center of Klaipeda to show unity and pride! Once we get there a great concert and celebration will take place! The Student Life team already has a few fun student body events planned for the first weeks of school and I am so excited to attend and have the time to meet more students.

I have planned an open house night in my apartment for all 140 students in my dorm! It will be the week after the first week of classes, to allow students to settle in first. I called it "Cocoa at Kelsey's" and it will be a time for students to stop by, see where I live in case they ever need anything or just want to get to know me better, and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and some board games. I am praying over this event to be a good time of seeing new faces. I plan to have this event once a month :)

I have also been feeling God tugging at my heart to start a small women's bible study in my apartment. I have been praying and thinking about the girls to invite and I already have a great bunch. I am hoping this will be a time on intense fellowship amidst a busy school year.

There are a few things on the forefront of my mind right now in the stress category and I wanted to find a safe place to share those with my friends and supporters. I have been adjusting to my new income and trying my best to create a smaller budget for life. I am learning to meal plan, shop for produce that is in season, and to eat what I have left in the fridge, even if its not exactly what I wanted for dinner that night. I am grateful to learn these lessons, and to grow through this process. 

Recently a few expenses have come up that I was not expecting. I bought a great used bike at the market which would be my main form of transportation, but found out I need to have the tires replaced and it is going to cost about $50 which is a big chunk out of my grocery money. I know that many of the people that read this blog have already financially supported me and I am so grateful for that. I am hoping that maybe this could be an opportunity for someone who hasn't given financially to support me in a very tangible way. This would be such a wonderful investment in my time here in Lithuania since bike is the best and cheapest way to get around town. Please let me know if you are interested in helping me with this expense, thank you. 

kelsey.c.bergstrom@gmail.com

Since the last week has been a lot of indoor training I don't have that many pictures to share this week. The faculty did have an off campus retreat on a boat on Monday though! We took a three hour cruise in the Baltic sea and it was beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment