Support My Mission Here!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Stories.

   I have had a complete week to settle in at this point. I am starting to feel like myself again, but a version of myself that's in a completely different place. I'm the same person, that is a daughter of the same King, but I have found myself needing to allow more grace into my life in this period of transition. This place is already starting to feel like home. Everyday I am taking in so much new information, I am looking forward to the day when something feels routine. 

The people and places are all so beautiful here. I can see the Joy of the Lord in everything. I am prayerfully awaiting the arrival of my RA team, as well as my residents for the next year. I am so excited for the lessons they will teach me and the wisdom we will gain together this year while pursuing the same God. Butterflies have always represented angels to me, and Lithuania is FULL of butterflies :) 

The people I have met so far have been asking me about my story. They do not only want to know where I came from and why/how I ended up at LCC. They also want to know about my college experience and major, where my talents lie, what my goals are for this year, and for the next few years! I have been honored to share my story with them, and even more blessed to hear a piece of theirs. I am looking forward to digging deeper into their stories this next year.

Tomorrow the group is going to a market where I will hopefully get to buy my bike! Next week will be full of RD training and bonding. I am in the midst of planning a session for RA training and would appreciate prayers for my topic and that it is useful, and applicable information for the RA's. I just started a new women's bible study online called "She Reads Truth" and I am so excited for the growth that this bible study will produce in me. 

Prayer for finances are always appreciated. I know that the initial spending amount of settling in, and buying a bike, phone card, bus card, groceries, etc. is more than I will be spending on a monthly average but I still need more faith that my finances will be ok and that I will get the support I need. Peace. 

The on campus community garden has been passed down to me by a faculty member that recently left. I have been watering it everyday and am excited to meet the students that will help me take care of it once the school year starts. I am also looking into helping out with a group of students that meet to create awareness on human trafficking on campus. There are so many parts of this campus that I want to be involved in!

Here are a few new picture of my last few days...



The LCC RD team for 2014-2015 
This is Daniel and Trajan

I got to opportunity to help with a promotional dorm room photo shoot


Walking around in Old Town Klaipeda


 Old Town Klaipeda


I woke up to a group of people making rafts and racing across the pond thats outside my window!

No comments:

Post a Comment