Support My Mission Here!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Baltic Sea Adventures

This week we went to the Baltic sea to cool down from the unusual heat. It was pretty close to school and a fun experience that reminded me a bit of San Diego. The water was icy but I'm told that's as warms as it will ever be! I also learned that in the winter there is a tradition of going into a sauna near the beach for a long as you can stand it and then running out across the snowy sand into the icy water and then back in the sauna...we will see if this is something I participate in! 

Here are some pictures of the school! And YES those clouds are real, God is an incredible artist! I got a tour the other day and was so impressed. We have one of the nicest auditoriums around, and one of the largest English libraries in the country! The lower picture is of Enns Hall the dorm I will be overseeing for the year! I will start my RD training this week and I am so excited to learn more about what it means to be an RD at LCC. 

Right now I am looking for an affordable bike to help me get around town easier so please keep that in your prayers, also our last RD arrives today so please keep him and the rest of the Student Life team in your prayers as we begin training and learn how to best serve each other. I am feeling so much more settled than the first few days of jet lag and it is only day 4 in country! Thank you for all of your prayer and support so far, I can truly feel the peace that God is sharing with me. 




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Warner Camp Counselor Buddy, you're at LCC? NO WAY! My best friend from high school and her husband are missionaries there: Alisha and Josh Garber. I am totally jealous that you get to hang out with Lish regularly for the foreseeable months. I hope its a wonderful experience. Send our love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry, obviously I cannot figure out how to comment without accidentally deleting or doubling my post. My bad.

    ReplyDelete