Support My Mission Here!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Storms.



     You are my everything and I will adore you. These are words that I am holding very tightly to these days. In my daily devotional today I was reminded that we all serve the same God, read the same bible, and try to practice the same disciplines all over the world. Time zone, language,  and ethnicity,  do not change the words of our Lord, or how much He loves us. I try to take this phrase with me everywhere. In my daily work activities, in my conversations with people, and in my time spent alone. He is my everything and all I want to do is worship Him.  

I have been here for more than two weeks now and I am learning more everyday! This week we started RD training and next week we will go over RA training. My RA's arrive on the 21st so I ask that you please say a prayer for their individual travels and journeys and for us as a team once we all come together. I am eagerly anticipating their arrival. Training and learning how to do this work is so important but the real job starts when the students arrive! 

RD training so interesting! It really reminded me how much I love working in student development. After a week of training we ended our time together with a picnic at the local botanical gardens. This place was a dream! So much beautiful nature everywhere I looked. 

I have been riding my bike a bit but I think I need to get some new tires so I will be looking into that this week. A new friend on campus had a birthday party this week as well, we went to a beautiful park in old town and had a picnic. Everyone I meet here is so inspiring and compassionate. I love that most people I encounter also speak a few other languages and have traveled in order to be at LCC. It is comforting to know that we all made a journey to come to this place and over the next year we will get to do some life together. 

Yesterday I saw more of Klaipeda than I had previously explored. My friend Alisha and I went to a farmers market, some thrift stores, and then she took me to a shopping mall called Akropolis. It was huge and overwhelming, but so fun at the same time. I am in the market for a winter coat and I always need shopping advice since I have never had to purchase one of those before! 

Speaking of weather, we have been having quite a few lightening storms the past few days. I have been observing the weather and it amazes me. Coming from a place that doesn't have much weather at all, my eyes have been opened to the power of the Lord. I once had a conversation with a friend about the fearing the Lord, knowing that He is all powerful. He was explaining to me that it is a good thing to realize who He is, and how much power He truly possesses. Last night when the rain was coming down hard, and the wind was blowing it across the streets in waves I began to realize that power. Yes, He is my father and will protect me, but I am so thankful that I know Him, because if I didn't, I might be caught in the the of turmoil I saw out my window. I can only imagine that people who don't know Him are exposed the harshness of our world with no protection, and no one to turn to. This experience has left me grateful, and in a time of prayer. 

Thank you again for all of your support and prayers. I have loved receiving texts and FaceTime calls from so many friends and family in this time on transition. 

Klaipeda's botanical gardens





Here are some shots from Old Town by the river. The clouds were just so beautiful that night. They pull my mind right out of worldly thoughts, and straight into heavenly ones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment