Support My Mission Here!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Cocoa at Kelsey's

    These are the nights that I LIVE for! Tonight I had an event in my RA apartment called Cocoa at Kelsey's. I wanted to have an open house at the beginning of the school year, and then once a month after that to welcome students into my apartment and get to know them a little better. Walking into the RD's apartment can be an intimidating thing, but hopefully not if you have preciously been welcomed in for some cocoa, and conversation!

When it first started I feared that no one would show up but there were rotating groups of 10 all night! People stopping in for half hours at a time, and some even showed up twice! We talked about where we were all from, how many languages everyone spoke, what they are studying at LCC, as well as some random funny stories. I was asked a lot of questions, and had a fun time answering them and sharing some of my life with my residents. I discovered some residents that I really want to connect with further and some that I probably never would have met if not for this event.

I am so excited to know a few more faces on campus, and to be someone they can hopefully now feel comfortable to approach when life gets tough. Tonight filled me with joy and reminded me that THIS is why I love being an RD. Living in community, learning from each other, and doing it all under the same roof!




No comments:

Post a Comment