Support My Mission Here!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

A much needed update.

     The past few weeks here at LCC have been good. I am starting to genuinely think of this place as home. I am finally starting to know my way around, I am building wonderful relationships, and looking forward to things to come. These past two months have been so full of growth I can hardly believe it.

I was reflecting on blog posts, and pictures from before I left for Lithuania, and from some of my first weeks here. It is amazing how much the Lord has shown me about myself, this place, and others since I have been here. I told Him, as well as my friends and accountability partners, that this year (along with the rest of my life) is dedicated to Him and I am willing to go wherever He needs me. This isn't a time for pursuing selfish desires, this is a time to learn what my life looks like when God is in control.

He has opened my heart to so many new things, the Holy Spirit has called my attention to many parts of myself that could use a little work, and a lot of discipline. He has also put new dreams, and ambitions into my mind that I am currently praying for direction on. He has gifted me with an amazing team of RA's to work alongside with, as well as a wonderful group of young women to fellowship with through a weekly bible study held in my apartment! My cup is overflowing!

 "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

The chapel series at LCC is focusing on suffering right now. This is such an important issue to focus on. Many students are going through hard things, or will encounter trials this year and might not know how to deal with it, or who to reach out to for help. Last week a guest faculty speaker taught some powerful words about suffering.

"Suffering is not taking all the rights we have, so we can identify this those who suffer."

"Suffering allows us to place out hurt in larger hands." -Henri Nouwen

Please keep the students of LCC in your prayers as they each deal with their own trials and sufferings this year. I am continually amazed by my students. They are so hard working and strong. My prayer is that I can introduce them to a God that can help them bear their burdens. 


Some homes from the neighborhood 
These homes may seem large but many of them house multiple families on different floors. 


My bike ride through the forest. Yes I was biking and filming :)

I had the RA's invite all of their roommates over for a potluck dinner at my house!
It was so great getting to know them all.

I went to the migration office to get my Lithuanian Visa recently. I had to take some photos where I was quickly instructed NOT to smile :)

The first of MANY coffee shop visits welcomed me with some heart foam!

 Last weekend I was honored with the opportunity to FaceTime into my two best friends wedding! Here is a little video I took from the other side of the world!
Congratulations Wyatt and Kristi!!!

Me watching the wedding in my pajamas at 4:45 am my time. 

I have been cooking more than I ever have before and loving it! But sometimes you have a bad kitchen accident and have to make a splint out of a kabob stick. My index finger is healing nicely. 

Some friends invited me to the Curonian spit with them after church last Sunday. We went to the beach and on the ferry ride back some of the kids fed the seagulls. 



Last week LCC hosted their annual Ugly Duckling Cup where the student compete in a raft race across our pond. They made their rafts out of wooden pallets and found objects like water bottles and Styrofoam! It was a REALLY cold day for a swim so I emceed the event instead!






1 comment: