Support My Mission Here!

Friday, February 27, 2015

From Darkness to Light.


Colossians 1:13-14 
The Message 

    "God rescued us from dead-end alleys and dark dungeons. He's set us up in the kingdom of the Son he loves so much, the Son who got us out of the pit we were in, got rid of the sins we were doomed to keep repeating." 

   This morning I found myself feeling less than worthy of love, and then I came across this verse. After praying for a sweet reminder of the love God has for me even when I sin, even when I fall short, I read this. Through this passage God brought me back to a time before I was fully devoted to Him, to a time when I was living 3/4th of my life for myself and only quarter of it for Him, and that's probably being generous. This morning I sat with my bible in my lap remembering that previous life, full of things that I thought were important, that I was convinced would bring me happiness, make me special, allow me to feel worthy. God indeed rescued me from myself, and from this world. I was giving into what everyone else wanted me to be, and only thinking about myself.

He broke me, and all of the lies that were inside of me. He allowed me to arrive at my lowest point in order to raise me up into His family. Looking back, I was in a deep pit, doomed to keep repeating the sins I was stuck in. Many people I love are still circling around this vicious cycle of life, not even aware that they need saving.

Be vulnerable today, let Jesus lift you up out of the dungeons of life, allow Him to break the negative cycles for you. Lay your burdens on Him. Be brave, He will strengthen you. I was reminded of a transformative time in my life this morning when I was feeling the weight of the world, and the consequences of my sin. Take heart, our Father is always right there waiting to remind us how loved we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment