Support My Mission Here!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Masquerade.


     There was a lot to celebrate this week at LCC! The week started off with some secret decorating of our favorite VP's office for his birthday, and the rest of the week was spent in preparation of our all-campus Masquerade dance that took place last Thursday! The dance was just in time for Valentine's Day,  and people got really into the theme. I held an event the night before the dance where students could come and make their own masks, glitter was everywhere. I made a cat mask, of course. One of our students DJ'ed the evening for us, and we even had a little blind-dating game on stage. It was a great evening, I couldn't stop dancing as usual...

In other news, today I hosted my weekly house church and bible study. I taught my girls about Lent and we all wrote down our Lenten challenges. Ever since my Catholic school years where the tradition of Lent was introduced to me it has been a special part of each year. A time of waiting on the Lord and trusting Him in the thin times. I am excited to journey though this years Lenten season with these girls. 

Today at home church we were watching SaddleBack Church online and the guest pastor was talking about the times when we say "No thanks" to God's calls and all of the wonderful disturbances we miss out on when we don't allow God to interfere in our lives. This morning I woke up from a dream where I was back in San Diego with my friends enjoying the sun and beach, it was like I'd never left. When I woke up I was so full of disappointment. I had these dreams a lot when I first moved here, but haven't for a while now so this was surprising. I felt guilty for missing home and friends when I know I am doing God's work here. Hearing this message the morning about getting called out of our comfort zones, and submitting to God's calls on our lives took my guilt away. In my conscious mind I know that that's exactly what I did. I said "YES!" to God's call to move to Lithuania, and with that yes came the good days and the days when I miss home and an easier/more comfortable way of living. I said yes to leaving friends, San Diego, family, my native language, and sunshine. MORE IMPORTANTLY I said yes to being the person who teaches students about Lent, who is there on their hardest school days, and is also there to celebrate their daily accomplishments. I said yes to God using me to make HIS miracles happen. I am so honored that he would even ask me to be here. Thank you Jesus for your miraculous disruption in my life. 















No comments:

Post a Comment