Support My Mission Here!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Resources. How to help.

Support Letter: I’m going to be a missionary in Lithuania!

Where God is calling me. 

 Last year at this time I was about to graduate from college and was applying to be an
Assistant Resident Director (ARD) at Point Loma Nazarene University. After being an RA in
the dorms for three years I thought working in Student Development would be a good fit for me. Training dates ended up overlapping and I had to choose between the ARD job, and my
missions trip to Malawi. I couldn’t imagine not going to Malawi, Africa for the summer so I
chose the missions trip, leaving me with no job to return home to but I had faith that God
would provide. Malawi was an incredible, life changing experience, it was the right choice and
I pray I’ll get to go back one day soon. When I arrived back to San Diego the job hunt began,
and I wasn’t having much luck. I started an hour a day prayer challenge and through praying
for a job instead of just worrying/complaining, things started to happen!

After feeling so useful in Malawi, being back in San Diego was tough. I found myself asking
God to show me my purpose in San Diego. Why did He call me here? After a few weeks of job
searching I got a call from the Dean of Students at PLNU asking me to step in as the Interim
Resident Director (RD) for an on-campus dorm. I had no hesitation; this was an answer to my
prayer! I have been the RD of Klassen Hall for seven months now, and I can confidently say that this
was God’s plan when He sent me back to San Diego. The silver lining comes in when I realized that
if I’d taken the ARD job instead of going to Malawi I would have never gotten the RD position that
God had prepared for me!


Fill us up, and send us out Lord… 

 Looking forward I have decided to continue my work as an RD. I deeply enjoy investing in the
lives of students and pointing them towards Christ. I applied for many different schools but really
felt called to LCC, an International Christian University in Lithuania. After applications, Skype
interviews, and much prayer I was offered the position of RD for the 14/15 school year! All of
the staff and faculty at LCC are missionaries; they donate their skills, and time and live off of
monthly support from friends back home. Not only do I need prayers and support for the journey of
moving to another country for a year, I also need to secure monthly donors.

Asking for support is always a truly humbling task. Recently, I had the opportunity to support a few
friends going on missions trips. Being able to give them financial support brought me so much joy.
God was showing me the joy HE gives people when they invest in the lives of others doing His work. Please visit LCC’s website, to better see the work they’re doing, and if you feel called to
support me you may chose one of the “Ways to Support” listed below. I would love to talk to each
of you more about this new adventure, and how excited I am to follow God’s call to Lithuania.
Please keep me, and my new students in prayer as we face the opposition that comes with doing the
Lord’s work.

With love, Kelsey Bergstrom


Ways to support: Total Budget: $14,000 / Monthly $1,166 

LCC's Website: http://www.lcc.lt

Donate online: Online Donation Link  (One time giving)
         
                         Form for Monthly Giving Plan

Mail checks to: 1309 Birchnell Ave. San Dimas CA 91773

Thank you!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment