Support My Mission Here!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Being Stretched.

    I have always been a fan of yoga. This morning I woke up craving a good stretching session, so I let the kind lady on YouTube direct me through my morning yoga time. She introduced a pose that I remember being able to do with ease as a child and now it was causing me excruciating pain. I have always been a pretty flexible person so it came as a shock that this pose caused me so much pain. Then I remembered...I have steal rods in my back. When I was sixteen years old I had scoliosis corrective surgery and two steal rods were fused to my spine. After some healing I got right back into dance and sports, I didn't let it keep me down for long. Every once in a while though I am reminded the hard way that I can't do every twist and turn that I used to be able to with ease.

So there I am laying flat on the ground, letting my back recover from the pain I had just caused it. I started thinking about how it was ok that I couldn't conquer this pose, I am allowed to have limits. I am human, and as humans we are made to have flaws, and shortcomings. This thought stuck with me all day as I encountered the trials that today brought. I am not made to be a perfect, self-sufficient person, I am the daughter of a Perfect King, but that doesn't mean that I will ever reach perfection, and I don't want to. I welcome my limits because I want to live a life that continually depends on the strength that my Father offers me to push through the trials this life throws at me. I will always need Him because I will always find the limits where I end, and He begins. Next time you feel let down, or disappointed in yourself for not succeeding, or not meeting someones expectations, just remember that God is there, and He is asking you to lean on Him to help you through. Limits are good. 

I am always reminded that God makes beautiful things out of dust. He takes our limitations and stretches us until we find Him in the dark places of our lives. He makes beautiful things out of our trials and out of us. We just have to open our eyes and let Him do His work in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment