Support My Mission Here!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Staying grounded.

     I uttered the phrase, "I feel like I am in limbo" this week. When it came out of my mouth the only emotion I felt was shame for catching myself in a moment of ungratefulness for the present moment. I just left an incredible job, in the best city, that also includes a ton of people I love. I am now being hosted and cared for my my loving family and working a job that I am lucky to have gotten (due to  the strange amount of time that I have left in the states). I am looking forward with excitement and anticipation to my big move to Lithuania, and the new life I will start there. So telling a friend that I am in this massive in-between in life might sound accurate, but I want to fight that thinking. I want to fully enjoy my time with family, and friends because this will be the last time I have this opportunity for a WHOLE YEAR. I need to ground myself and learn to be extremely grateful for the moment and even the trials that I am living in right now.

In this season I am feeling a bit unstable, but I am trying my best to find stability in a season of moving and short term jobs. I have been challenged in many new ways recently. I am learning to lower my pride, and take what is handed to me. People aren't always going to know what kind of a person I am, or that I am friendly, and trustworthy right off the bat. I am in a time of proving myself to people, showing them the qualities about myself that everyone in San Diego already knows. This is a hard place to be, but it is one of the best places to see growth, to make new friends, to be obedient, humble, and graceful for yourself and others.

No matter what situation we are in, no matter how much you feel like you are just waiting for the next phase of your life to begin, STOP. Take a moment, look around, tangibly count your blessings, and realize that you are in the exact location that God has meant for you to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment